Monday, February 16, 2015

Book Review: Angelfall by Susan Ee

11500217

The official print edition of the internet phenomenon. Already over 8,000 five star reader reviews. (And counting.)

It's been six weeks since the angels of the apocalypse destroyed the world as we know it. Only pockets of humanity remain. 

Savage street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. 

When angels fly away with a helpless girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back..

This is one of the books that was in my line of sight multiple times but I never actually read it (or when I tried to I didn't like it and stopped) [Granted, it's sort of slow in the beginning but just wait. It's totally worth it].
This is one of the books that make me want to strangle past me into reading this sooner.
This book is amazing.
Like A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.
Why? 
Badass, snarky heroine.
Equally snarky and pain in the ass fallen angel.
And of course, the end of the world.
This book is unlike any I've ever read. I've read fallen angel books and I've read dystopian books. Never those together. This could've potentially been really bad, but it was executed perfectly. Who ever thought that angels could be bad and basically destroy the earth?
And add in some sci-fi elements? Oh yeah, I was sold. (Not elaborating on that because well, spoilers.)
Now there's some romance? I say "romance?" because, well, nothing really happens in that department but you know it will eventually. Lucky for me, it's my favorite trope. Yes, it's the always fun, "I hate you, but I love you." So good. 
THE ENDING. UGH. It was glorious. By glorious, I mean heartbreaking and cliff-hanger-y that makes me want to pick up the next book right now because I might just explode. All that angst that is just waiting will be so much fun to read... that is if you like that kind of thing. Which, luckily, I do. 
I can't gush about this more. Actually I can but I think I'm good for now.
It is a 10/10 would recommend. Absolutely.

Read: January 19, 2015
My Rating: 4.5 stars / 5 stars

2 comments: