Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Book Review: End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days #3) by Susan Ee

13638020
WARNING: SPOILERS FOR THE SERIES IN THE SUMMARY
After a daring escape from the angels, Penryn and Raffe are on the run. They’re both desperate to find a doctor who can reverse the twisted changes inflicted by the angels on Raffe and Penryn’s sister. As they set off in search of answers, a startling revelation about Raffe’s past unleashes dark forces that threaten them all.

When the angels release an apocalyptic nightmare onto humans, both sides are set on a path toward war. As unlikely alliances form and strategies shift, who will emerge victorious? Forced to pick sides in the fight for control of the earthly realm, Raffe and Penryn must choose: Their own kind, or each other?

It's finally here!!!

I've been eagerly awaiting this book to come out. Like, going to Barnes and Noble almost everyday to see if it's there. 
I gobbled this up.
This is the last book in the Penryn & the End of Days trilogy (Angelfall and World After). If you ever need a reference on how to end a really well-written and successful series- use this as your guide. It ends the series perfectly and with justice.
The story was filled with tension and really had me engaged to see what was going to happen next. I didn't even have time to think about my predictions for where this was going to go; I just read. Most of the time I didn't figure it out until Penryn (the narrator) had figured it out. 
Great job, Susan Ee. Four for you, Susan Ee. You go, Susan Ee.

God, Penryn and Raffe have changed so much over this series. They've developed and learned so much about themselves and each other. 
The ending was unexpected, but good. Very good. Very happy with it.Would have really enjoyed an epilogue, though. 
I can't believe it's over now. I read the first two earlier in the year. Now it's over. No more.
10/10 would recommend for a wonderful series and story. 
I await whatever Susan Ee has to write next.

Read: May 2015
My Rating: 5 stars / 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment