Saturday, April 4, 2015

Book Review: Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas

20613470
Lost and broken, Celaena Sardothien’s only thought is to avenge the savage death of her dearest friend: as the King of Adarlan’s Assassin, she is bound to serve this tyrant, but he will pay for what he did. Any hope Celaena has of destroying the king lies in answers to be found in Wendlyn. Sacrificing his future, Chaol, the Captain of the King’s Guard, has sent Celaena there to protect her, but her darkest demons lay in that same place. If she can overcome them, she will be Adarlan’s biggest threat – and his own toughest enemy. 
While Celaena learns of her true destiny, and the eyes of Erilea are on Wendlyn, a brutal and beastly force is preparing to take to the skies. Will Celaena find the strength not only to win her own battles, but to fight a war that could pit her loyalties to her own people against those she has grown to love?

I regret starting this series. 
Regret as in, It's-really-good-and-now-I've-caught-up-to-all-the-published-books-and-have-to-wait-until-September-until-the-next-one.
This was so good. Better than the last ones; and that's saying something. It was also horrible. The ending was horrible. My heart might as well have been chopped up and blended with my tears and that would've been less painful. 
I'm so excited. Each book builds more to what will happen while adding more to each character. 
It took a while to get used to all the different POVs this time. There was at least 5-ish? I didn't really like the witch's story in the beginning but grew to really like it in time. Very How to Train Your Dragon-esque. Is that a spoiler? Sorry. Very curious how she'll play into the grand scheme.
Celaena has become my baby. I'm sorry if you hate it when people chose "babies" or call characters that, but I just love her so much. She has grown into a badass lady and I can't wait for her to kick ass and take names. Learning about her past and everything was so good and painful. Ugh. She's so strong. 
I absolutely adored her relationship with Rowan. It was real, strong and platonic. (Yes, you can have a boy and a girl in a strong relationship without any romance! Crazy, I know.) I just loved them together and I can't wait to see more of them.
THE ENDING. Goddamn. I'm even more upset about having to wait a long time for the next one after reading this than I was. Ugh. I'm still not over it. Won't be over it. All I can say is that I will eagerly await the ass kicking that will happen with relish. 
I'm going to buy all of the books and stare at them remembering how they tore out my heart. Also for their pretty covers. 
Would 100% recommend.

Read: March 2015
My Rating: 5 stars / 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment