Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Book Review: Fairest by Marissa Meyer

22489107
In this stunning bridge book between Cress and Winter in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles, Queen Levana’s story is finally told.
Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who is the fairest of them all?

Fans of the Lunar Chronicles know Queen Levana as a ruler who uses her “glamour” to gain power. But long before she crossed paths with Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, Levana lived a very different story – a story that has never been told . . . until now. 
Marissa Meyer spins yet another unforgettable tale about love and war, deceit and death. This extraordinary book includes full-color art and an excerpt from Winter, the next book in the Lunar Chronicles series.

I don't typically read novellas because I usually just want the actual books, rather than something that's already been in them just not in detail. 
I decided to give this a shot. 
First, let me just say the Marissa Meyer is a great writer. Damn. I mean, it's sort of obvious from her other books, but it takes real talent to write from a crazy villain's point of view. 
This was really interesting. It wasn't like I sympathize with Levanna now or anything but it's still cool to know how a character got to where they are. 
Also, everything that happens/what she does, is freaking crazy. I was speechless for most of the time because of what happened and what she did on purpose. It was a wild ride. Also kind of creepy to read. She's a scary character and being in her head kind of intensified it. She's crazy and slightly evil. I kind of get why but she's still crazy. 
It was an interesting read, so I would recommend it if you're curious. It's a quick read anyways. 

Read: February 2015
My Rating: 5 stars / 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment